How to start building a Dynamic Form
Before you begin, ensure you have an Organization for your department in Dynamic Forms and Designer access.
To request Designer access or to have an Organization created for your department, go to Getting Started.
Add New Form Template
1. Log into Dynamic Forms by clicking the below URL and CASing in using your NetID and Password.
2. Select your Organization’s Sandbox from the drop-down list and click Go.
To view further details pertaining to accessing your Organization visit Accessing your Organization.
3. To start building a new form, click +Add New Form Template.
To view further details pertaining to Adding a New Form and requirements related to Forms, visit Add a New Form.
4. Enter your new forms name (can be modified later) and click Add.
5. Click Start Designing (under pages) to begin creating your new form’s first page.
To configure your form level setting visit Form Level Settings.
6. Under the Add Item tab (circled in green below), you can now begin dragging and dropping Form Items into the Form Designing space (circled in yellow below).
When you drag and drop a Form Items into the Designing space, it will highlight the area gray to show you where you are dropping the Form Item.
See Form Items (Designer Resources > Form Items) for details around each Form Item, their configuration settings and advanced settings. Check out the following features under Form Items:
Check out other Designer Resources found under Start Building a Form for further details on how to configure features and to view other helpful information related to Dynamic Forms:
- Accessing your Organization - Details different Organizations available to you, Organization settings that you can configure, and how to access Organizations.
- Add a New Form - Step by step instructions to adding a new form and guidelines for building forms.
- Form Level Settings - Details pertaining to the setting you can configure at the form level.
- Add Multiple Participants - How to enable, add and configure multiple participants.
- Add Signature(s) - E-signature options and how to configure.
Questions? Contact Dynamic Forms ITS Team by emailing DynamicForms.ITS@yale.edu