Prefill Fields using User Profile
If the participant is accessing the form using the SSO URL or if a signature is required on your form, basic information is available via a participant’s User Profile that can be used to prefill fields within a form.
User Profile provides the following fields:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Full Name
- NetID (if available)
- Preferred First Name (if available)
- Preferred Last Name (if available)
If you use the prefill option detailed below, do not mark the field as required, as it causes a glitch and it will be populated anyways using the User Profile data.
Configure Prefill Fields
Short Answer Form Items can be configured so they are prefilled when a participant accesses a form.
1. Using a Short Answer Form Item, click on Advanced and set the Field Type to Prefill, as seen circled in green below:
2. Prefill Setting will appear, set Prefill Source to User Profile and then for Prefill With select the correct field from the drop-down list to be used to prefill that Short Answer Form Item, as seen circled in green below:
3. We do not allow users (participants) to edit a field that has been prefilled using the User Profile, so validate that the Allow users to edit this field? is not checked off, as seen below circled in red:
4. Click the Save button to save your Short Answer Form Item settings.
Questions? Contact Dynamic Forms ITS Team by emailing DynamicForms.ITS@yale.edu